TSSR Year End Awards
Each year the TSSR honors special dogs who do exceptionally well in the conformation ring. Our Grand Victor/Grand Victrix earn their titles by meeting the criteria set forth by the registry. Not only must TSSR Shiloh(s) have earned their Breed Championships, earned the highest number of NS points in conformation but they must also have gained their Permanent Adult Breeding Registration Certificates as well. Calculation of GV/NS points is based on the number of Shilohs beaten in a show. These points are received when a Shiloh wins BOB or BOS (Best of Breed or Best of Opposite sex).
The TSSR National Select titles are awarded to the next 10 highest NS points earning Shilohs. If there are not 10 Shilohs who qualify, the awards will only be awarded to the number of Shiloh Shepherds who do qualify under the TSSR criteria.
The TSSR GV and NS titles reward a job well done in the conformation ring, but the award also strives to promote breed improvement through sound breeding programs by requiring final and passing required health testing on GV and NS recipients. This criteria requires Shiloh to be at least two years of age as only Shilohs over two years of age (and fulfilling other requirements set forth in TSSR rules) qualify for breeding papers.
In the TSSR, Shilohs aren’t considered adults until they are two years of age. Thus, Puppy of the Year is awarded to a Shiloh less then two years old and usually goes to a young Shiloh between the ages of six months and two years that excelled in the show ring by being presented BOB or BOS numerous times, has earned their Jr Breed Championship but isn’t old enough to have final health testing completed and is not two years of age by the end of the show year – December 31.
Grand Victor/Grand Victrix and National Select Awards
Does your Shiloh Shepherd qualify for end of the year adult awards?
- Yearly tabulation for these awards run from January 1 to December 31.
- All Shiloh Shepherds competing for these awards must have TSSR Permanent Adult Breeding Registration Certificates (completed and passed required health testing) and have obtained their Adult Breed Championship prior to the end of the fiscal year.
- Your Shiloh Shepherd must be registered with the TSSR for the full fiscal point year. Those Shilohs transferring into the TSSR will carry over breed points/breed championships. GV/NS points gathered prior to transfer will not count towards a TSSR award–only GV/NS points earned after the transfer will count towards a TSSR award.
- The highest scoring dog/bitch at the end of each fiscal show year will earn the prestigious title of Grand Victor/Grand Victrix. This title is placed on your registration paperwork.
- The next 10 highest scoring dog/bitches earn the prestigious title of National Select.
Puppy Of The Year Award
Does your Shiloh Shepherd qualify for end of the year puppy awards?
- Any TSSR dog/bitch who has obtained their Junior Breed Championship or Adult Breed Championship but is not eligible to obtain their Adult Registration due to age, and has accumulated GV/NS points is eligible to compete for the title Puppy of the Year (POTY).
- Yearly tabulation for this award runs from January 1 to December 31.
- Your Shiloh Shepherd must be registered with the TSSR for the full fiscal point year. Those Shilohs transferring into the TSSR will carry over breed points/breed championships. POTY points gathered prior to transfer will not count towards a TSSR award—only POTY points earned after the transfer will count towards a TSSR award.
- POTY will be awarded to the dog and bitch with the highest total of GV/NS points. (They must win BOB/BOS to accumulate these points).
- The title POTY will not be placed on the dogs/bitches registration paperwork.
- If no puppies qualify—no award will be granted. If only one sex qualifies, only one award will be granted for that year.
If anyone has any questions about these standings, please contact the Show Chairperson: Trish Beltz