TSSR’s Breeder’s Code of Ethics
I hereby agree to abide by all of the terms in this code to the best of my ability. Furthermore, I pledge to aid in the development, promotion, and public awareness of our breed.
- I agree to breed only the best possible specimens in accordance to the Breed Standard to improve the breed for future generations. I agree to select all breeding pairs according to the registry rules with the utmost care. I further agree to review Littermate information, Relationship co-efficiencies, and breed warnings on all breeding pairs.
- I agree that I will not breed any Shiloh Shepherd that possesses any genetic disease including, but not limited to hip or elbow dysplasia, EPI, or thyroid disease.
- I agree as a dedicated breeder of the Shiloh Shepherd to represent my stock honestly, as well as all of their progeny to anyone who inquires about my dogs. I agree not to make false statements regarding any specific dog, breeder, or the breed in general.
- I agree to act in a professional manner when representing this breed to the public. I agree to refer anyone with any questions (that I do not have an answer) to a member of the TSSR Board Of Directors. I will also not misrepresent or make false statements regarding the TSSR in a public or private forum in any way.
- I agree to maintain integrity in the price I charge for my breeding stock and puppies. Under NO circumstances will I “undercut” prices for a quick profit resulting in fewer sales to my fellow breeders consequently reducing the quality control so necessary in producing only the best possible stock.
- I agree to fully study all past generations with regard to what faults and virtues my breeding may produce. Furthermore, I understand I can contact the BOD for any advice or suggestions on improving my breeding program.
- I realize that proper socialization, health, care, and nutrition are vital in bringing out the full potential of this breed. I understand that keeping my Shiloh Shepherds in the very best health is critical to my success in producing the best possible progeny. Therefore, I agree to do all in my power to keep each of my dogs and puppies in ultimate condition.
- I agree to inform the TSSR Board Of Directors of any accidental breeding as soon as possible
- I agree to register my TSSR registered Dam’s litters with the TSSR.
- I agree to promptly notify the TSSR of any change in registry affiliation.
- I will do everything possible to obtain and maintain LMI on all my litters.
- I understand that ANY Shiloh Shepherd I produce, without exception, must be sold with a guarantee. I agree to properly supervise, to the best of my ability, all of my co-ownership(s), breeder agreement(s), and spay/neuter contracts. I agree to uphold my guarantees, in a timely manner, as outlined in my contracts.
- I agree that I will not “dual register” any of my TSSR registered Shiloh Shepherds with any other registries except for show purposes.
I state that I have read, understood and will follow all aspects of the Shiloh Shepherd Registry Rules and this Breeder’s Code of Ethics. Furthermore, I understand if I choose to violate any part of this agreement I could have my breeding & advertising privileges suspended by the TSSR.